There are seven exceptions to Pennsylvania’s limited tort coverage that will allow a person electing limited tort coverage to recover full damages for their personal injuries in a car accident. Therefore, don’t assume that you are without the chance for a recovery just because you elected limited tort! The Philadelphia car accident lawyers at Geoffrey B. Gompers & Associates are very knowledgeable at finding these exceptions and we charge no fee for our consults!
Often, our clients have been able to recover pain and suffering damages because the car accident lawyers at Geoffrey B. Gompers & Associates can prove one of the following exceptions:
- You were injured while on a motorcycle.
- You were injured intentionally.
- You were injured as a passenger on a bus, truck, taxi or other commercial vehicle.
- The driver causing the car accident was convicted of drunk driving (DUI) or accepted ARD.
- The driver who caused the car accident was operating an out of state vehicle.
- You suffered injuries that resulted in serious impairment to a significant bodily function.
- The other driver was not insured.
Even if these exceptions don’t apply, you might still be entitled to pain and suffering damages where your injuries are serious, or where there is a defect in the waiver provided to you by your insurance carrier at the time that you purchased insurance.
To be certain, the Philadelphia car accident lawyers at Geoffrey B. Gompers & Associates recommend that you purchase Full Tort coverage. But even where you didn’t, our lawyers have had excellent results in obtaining Full Tort coverage in car accident cases where others have felt that the claims were limited by the MVFRL to economic recoveries only. Therefore, it still makes sense to call us for a free consult. Call our Philadelphia law offices at 215-567-6600 for a free consultation or contact us online.