Slip and fall accidents can lead to a myriad of different injuries. Like the injuries, the places where slip and fall accidents occur can be just as varied. It has been noted that such accidents happen in 10 common places.
Risky Places for a Slip and Fall Accident in Philadelphia
Philadelphia slip and fall lawyers have found that certain places have similar dangers. Signs such as “Slippery When Wet” and “Caution: Wet Floor” are common. Yet, when crowded, such signs are of little use. Patrons continue to slip or trip and fall, resulting in sometimes serious injuries. The top 10 places for slip and fall accidents in Philadelphia along with common reasons are:
- Sports Stadiums and Arenas – With thousands of people crowding into stadiums, spills are common. So, floors may be slippery. Because of crowding, spills may not be noticed until someone has fallen and become injured.
- Movie Theaters – Movie theaters are dark and spills are common. No one can avoid what cannot be seen.
- Parks and Playgrounds – When drainage ditches are left overgrown or ice is not removed from walking surfaces, injuries often result.
- Sidewalks – Cracked and broken sidewalks combined with ice and snow often results in injuries caused by slipping.
- Hospitals and Similar Locations – Hospitals, nursing homes, and clinics that fail to maintain flooring or fail to clean spills in a timely manner often cause slip and fall injuries.
- Large Retail Shops – Retail stores, shopping malls, and similar businesses have a responsibility to protect the public. Slippery surfaces, cluttered aisles, and reduced visibility commonly result in injuries to patrons.
- Restaurants – Common to many restaurants are food spills and reduced lighting, which can lead to injuries for staff and patrons.
- Nightclubs – Alcohol and most mixers are more slick than water. Add reduced visibility along with numerous distractions and the mix is just right for serious injuries.
- Concert Venues – Concerts are usually crowded. There may be alcoholic drinks spilled, and lighting is low. Furthermore, people may throw things in the direction of the stage, adding clutter to the floor.
- Private Homes – If there is clutter in walkways, the sidewalks have not been cleared of ice, which can lead to accidents.
Philadelphia Slip and Fall Lawyers at Geoffrey B. Gompers & Associates Advocate for Injured Parties
When injured in a slip and fall accident in Philadelphia, you need help quickly. In most cases, there are medical costs and time lost from work because of the injury. In addition, the medical needs from such an injury may extend into years.
Philadelphia slip and fall lawyers at Geoffrey B. Gompers & Associates have recovered record verdicts for clients. Most law firms charge the maximum contingency fees; Geoffrey B. Gompers & Associates charges only 29 percent. If you have been injured, contact us online or call us now at 215-567-6600 to arrange a free consultation.